We believe that being Sustainable is a smarter approach to cosmetic manufacturing.
Below are just a few of the steps we have taken to meet our sustainability goals:
- We are a cruelty-free company that avoids using any ingredients that are sourced from animals or tested on animals. The cruelty-free status of our products has been endorsed by Leaping Bunny.
- Our status as a sustainable company has been endorsed by Green America an advocacy group that encourages ecologically proactive behavior from businesses and consumers.
- We formulate using Green Chemistry guidelines which require the responsible selection of sustainable materials and the creation of products that are safe for human use. These guidelines also stress avoiding synthetic materials that are not biodegradable and which may persist in the environment.
- To discourage waste and excess energy consumption, our formulas are made at concentrated levels and our products are multi-purpose. This allows customers to experience great results with fewer, longer lasting products, which ultimately means, less energy expended in manufacturing and less consumer waste generated.
- We use recyclable packaging, and where possible, post consumer materials instead of relying on completely virgin packaging. We also utilize airless bottles in several of our products, not only to ensure product freshness, but also because these bottles allow customers to get every drop of a product out of the bottle. If using packaging from natural sources, such as wood, we only use resources from certified managed crops.
As a customer, what can you do?
We encourage you to recycle your packaging rather than throwing it away. Use the Earth911 search tool to find the recycle center nearest to your location: http://search.earth911.com/.